Frequently Asked Questions
With the daily challenges of load shedding and power outages in South Africa, as well as the increasing electricity tariffs, it is no longer sustainable to rely soley on grid energy and now is a necessity for consumers to consider and source alternative energy options. What better energy to us that the sun?
Basically it is energy from the sun to power our lives, that can be used to power homes and businesses. It is a renewable energy, with zero toxic waste or greenhouse effects.
It generates electricity using photovoltaic cells, that is fitted into solar panels, where the desired values of current and voltage can be achieved. These convert sunlight into the renewable energy form that can power homes and businesses.
Installing a solar energy system on your property,will save money on your electricity bills and protect yourself against rising electricity rates in the future
- Pollution free and safe for the environment
- Causes no greenhosuse gases to be emiitted after installation
- Renewable clean power every day of the year, you will never run out of Solar Energy (even on cloudy days)
- You can access Solar Power anywhere
- The alternative energy industry is essential to the sustainability of our country
- The current energy crisis could destroy the economy by halting mines and industry operations, as well as contribute to air pollution and global warming due to the current dependence on Coal
- Alleviates the challenges of load shedding and power outages
- No electricity bills. It makes absolutely no financial sense to keep paying for electricity price increases, when you can generate for yourself with an asset that adds value to your property, hedges your costs for the next 20 to 25 years and will save you money over the cumulative lifespan of your solar investment
Solar Gain only supply and install certified and approved PV systems, ensuring that we meet the highest safety and design specifications
Our Solar panels are extremely durable and capable of withstanding rain, wind, and hail. The various components of your solar power system will need to be replaced at different times, but your system should continue to generate electricity for 25 to 35 years.
When you install solar panels on your property, you will still be connected to the grid. This allows you to draw from the grid when your system is not producing all of the power that you need, and send power back to the grid when you produce more than you use. It is possible to go off grid with a solar pwer system that includes battery storage, but it is more expensive than grid-tie.